Week 42 - Epcot Food & Wine China, South Africa & Germany (Oct 14)

Our fourth visit to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival in 2011 brought us to China, South Africa and Germany.

China - Pork Pot Stickers
My husband and I always enjoy the pot stickers from Lotus Blossom Cafe at Epcot so I just can't resist when they are also offered at the Food & Wine Festival. The price is $3.50 for 2 pot stickers from the Festival booth (at the cafe they cost $5 for 3 pot stickers). I've always thought the sauce was the same at the booth and cafe, but this year the booth sauce had a different flavor. It was tasty (maybe some ginger?), but I think I enjoy the cafe's sauce more. And, I enjoyed them way more than the pot stickers from Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom. China knows how to sear them right!


China - Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles
My husband splurged on this shrimp and noodle dish for $4.50 and did not regret it. The shrimp were small, but he was prepared for that. Other than small, the shrimp were good and he said it was a good portion of noodles. His review is positive.


South Africa - Bunny Chow
I don't know why, but I thought this vegetarian option from the Food & Wine Festival was going to be served cold. And to be honest, before I learned it was vegetarian I thought it was rabbit. My husband didn't think that at all and he was quite pleased with the warm vegetables served in a bread bowl $3.25. He offered me a bite, but I don't care for curry (or for vegetables, really). It looked like stew to me without the meat. Hubby liked it a lot!


Germany - Apple Strudel
One word - wow. The apple strudel for $3.25 was a wonderful dessert. The portion size was large compared to other dessert options at Food & Wine. It was nearly the size of the plate. I didn't taste much of the Werther's caramel which was a slight disappointment (see my review of the Werther's caramel popcorn) but I did taste the vanilla sauce. Best of all - no raisins! The apples were perfectly sweet and the pastry was exactly as I had hoped. I rate this one a winner!