Week 42 - Epcot Food & Wine Canada, France & Scandinavia (Oct 11)

Today was our third visit to the 2011 Epcot Food & Wine Festival and I have reviews to share from the food we sampled at several more countries.

Scandinavia - Sweedish Meatballs
Two thumbs up. I love Sweedish meatballs, but I was a little nervous about getting these. Why? Well, I ordered them once at the Ikea cafeteria in Orlando and did not care for them. I figured I must only like the "Americanized" version. Also, the Epcot Food & Wine version (priced at $3.50 for 3 meatballs) was missing my favorite part - the egg noodles. One more thing - they came with Lingonberries. The picky eater in me didn't know what to think about Lingonberries, but I found them to be delicious. They tasted very much like cranberry. The sweet-tart flavor was a perfect compliment to the meatballs and sauce. Yum!



Hawaii - Kalua Pork Slider
My husband sampled the Kalua Pork Slider and really enjoyed it. It was served with a sweet and sour pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise for $3.00. He offered me a bite, but I'm not a big fan of mayo. His review, "best value of the Festival".


Canada - Cheddar Cheese Soup
This a must-do for me every year at Food & Wine even though I think it is crazy expensive at $3.75. Every year the portion size seems to go up and down a bit. Either I'm getting used to the small cups or I actually had 3 or 4 more spoonfulls this year. My best guess is that the portion size is about 3 ounces. My review? Worth every spoonful. If you like the Canada cheese soup, be sure to try the cheese fondue at the Cheese station.


Greece - Greek Salad with Pita
My husband decided to give the Greek Salad a try for $3.00. He thought it was good but small and compared it to the Greek salad at Disney Studios. While he very much liked the Greek salad at Studios, he felt the Food & Wine version was more authentic.


France - Creme Brulee au Chocolate
The creme brulee is another Food & Wine item that is always on my must-do list. While it was still tasty (it gets bonus points for the caramelized sugar top), I was a bit disappointed with it this year. I can't remember if it has always been "milk chocolate", but the chocolate flavor was a bit weak. I remember a deeper chocolate flavor from years past. France priced it at $3.95. Most food booths price items either in whole dollars or fifty cents.