Week 51 - Islands of Adventure Grinchmas (Dec 20)

I couldn't wait to see Grinchmas at Universal Orlando Islands of Adventure.

This was my first day out in 10 days. Despite being a germaphobe and extra careful, I apparently caught a cold during our visit to Magic Kingdom. As a consideration to others, I always stay home until I'm recovered. I wish others would (or at least cover their coughs and wash their hands). Then I wouldn't have been sick!


So, anyway, we decided to grab a bite to eat at a burger place near Harry Potter. BIG mistake. We stood on line for 45 minutes to pay $25 for two cold burgers and Coke. Miserable experience.

The restaurant inside Potterville was closed due to capacity. In fact, they should have shut down the whole "land" because it was shoulder to shoulder. Lines for butterbeer wrapped around for a block. My best guess, is that the line was 30  minutes or more for a taste of butterbear. Wait times for the rides exceeded 90 minutes.

Even though this was our first chance to see this new addition to Universal, we couldn't wait to exit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. People were pushing and fed up. And, can you believe there was a condom on the sidewalk. Not a wrapper, but an actual condom. Nice, right? Somehow I don't think I'd see that at Disney.

We bailed and headed over to Seus Landing.


It was our main reason for being at Universal today. We arrived at the Grinchmas theater at 3:10pm for the 3:30pm show. Before entering, we decided to use th restrooms located right outside the entrance. In the 5 minutes we took to use the restroom, the Grinchmas show closed due to capacity. Lesson learned. Arrive at least 30 minutes early (probably an hour early on super busy days).


Talk about a disappointing day! After that, we left. We did nothing at the park except make our way through the crowds, stand on lines, pay too much for cold food and miss out on everything due to capacity.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until next year...