Week 32 - Epcot The Seas with Nemo and Friends (Aug 13)

Today we visited The Seas with Nemo and Friends located in the Future World section of Epcot. Once called The Living Seas, this pavilion is located a short distance from The Land pavilion. My favorite part of the entrance is the three birds perched on the rocks... continually squawking, "Mine, Mine, Mine".


The main attraction, of course, is Nemo and his friends. If you're looking to cool off on a hot day at Epcot, this is the place to be. It has to be one of coolest ride queues in the entire park. Our wait time was posted as 10 minutes, but there was no wait at all. However, it is a LONG walk to the clam-mobiles. I don't know why but I counted paces and came up with 287.


The Finding Nemo ride is dark and may be a little scary at times for the really young (but only briefly). One of my favorite special effects is seeing Nemo in real water with real fish. In this photo (the only one that came out) you can see Nemo with teacher Mr. Ray and the other kid fish from school.

As cute as the Nemo ride is, I have a super soft spot for Turtle Talk with Crush.


Located inside the same pavilion, this children's show always makes me smile and laugh out loud. No matter how many times I see it, I grin from ear to ear. The show is interactive (Crush talks to the kids and sometimes to the "parental units") so every show is a bit different.


The body movements and especially the facial expressions on Crush are very convincing. Even as an adult, you forget - just for a moment - that Crush is nothing more than the genius creation of Disney's Imagineers.

It's moments like these - a cartoon turtle taking to an audience - that make me so grateful for the opportunity to can grab a little bit of Disney magic just about any day or time I want.